Thursday 30 May 2013

Have a break, have a Kitto Katto! 「キットカット」







Nestle Japan have released an Adult Sweetness 「オトナの甘さ」line of KitKats which includes a Matcha Green Tea flavour. I happened upon these very KitKats while browsing the shelves of my local Asian Grocer here in Melbourne and being the Matcha enthusiast that I am, I couldn't resist sampling them.

This particular KitKat owes its flavour to Matcha from the Uji region of Kyoto, famous for their green tea. 「〜こだわりの 宇治抹茶〜」As the name suggests, the level of sweetness has been moderated to suit an adult palette and is marketed to us grown ups. 

The Kitkats I bought came in a pack containing 12 individually wrapped KitKats. They are perfect as omiyage (souvenirs) or just for sharing with friends. 

I really liked the level of sweetness but I found the Matcha green tea flavour a little too subtle. The green tea flavour is more of an aftertaste and the outer chocolate is really creamy.

お試しください !!


[Adult Sweetness Kit Kat TVCM staring Manami Higa who you may recognise from Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo]

No comments: